The MacLachlan Woodworking Museum is a thriving and active community‐based museum. We serve all those who live, work and play in Kingston and surrounding areas.
Thousands of people come to the Museum each year to see our exhibits and participate in our programs and events. For current job openings, please check out the City of Kingston Career Page.
Below is a list of some of the available volunteer positions. If you’re interested in being a part of our team please call 613‐542‐0543 or email email@example.com for more information.
The Gardener is responsible for:
- Coordinating the design of the garden beds and front area with the Curator and Museum Assistant;
- Assisting with planting, maintaining, and weeding of garden beds and front area of the Museum as needed;
- Working with summer staff to create interpretive materials for identifying various plants;
Museum Store Assistant
The Museum Store Assistant is responsible for:
- Creatively displaying museum shop inventory;
- Liaising with artisans and keeping accurate records of inventory;
- Welcome visitors to the Museum & provide overview of galleries and museum events;
- Answer questions related to displays and events.
Event Craft Leader
The Event Craft Leader is responsible for:
- Planning major events with staff – 2016 Shake n’Make, Sheepdog Trials, Lumberjack Survival Summit, & WinterLight;
- Organizing, preparation, and setting up in the weeks leading up to the event;
- Overseeing the table they are stationed at for the event;
- Assist visitors with the creation of their craft, ensuring that the material is readily accessible;
The Librarian is responsible for:
- Cataloging library books into database;
- Maintaining orderly shelves.